orange blossom, white peach, lemon zest & ripe banana.
100% of the fruit for this wine came from our Estate Culloden Vineyard located in the Horse Heaven Hills. Fruit grown in the Horse Heaven Hills tends to have ample flavor development.
The Viognier was machine harvested in the early morning hours to allow the fruit to arrive at the winery cool. Once at the winery, the juice was gently pressed away from the grape skins. The freshly pressed juice was allowed to cold settle for 48 hours and then clean racked off the solids. 23% of this wine was fermented in a clay amphora. The amphora adds to the round, creamy mouthfeel while preserving the great aromatics of the varietal. The remaining 77% was fermented in neutral barrels. The combination of neutral barrels and amphora with no malolactic fermentation results in a concentrated, creamy Viognier.
Food Pairing Notes
chicken, shellfish, fish, vegetarian, salads, pasta, cheese and charcuterie